Android application VLC for Android developed by Videolabs is listed under category Video Players. According to Google Play VLC for Android achieved more than 100,000,000 installs. VLC for Android currently has 1,086,974 ratings with average rating value of 4.422. The current percentage of ratings achieved in last 30 days is 1.68%, percentage of ratings achieved in last 60 days is 3.09%. VLC for Android has the current market position #521 by number of ratings. A sample of the market history data for VLC for Android can be found below. Last update on 2018-11-17.
|Title:||VLC for Android|
|Growth (30 days):||1.68%|
|Growth (60 days):||3.09%|
|Installs (achieved):||100,000,000+||Installs (estimated):||139,263,512|
|5 star ratings:||735,835|
|4 star ratings:||197,760|
|3 star ratings:||77,779|
|2 star ratings:||27,865|
|1 star ratings:||47,735|
Rank in category Video Players:188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.10.10.10.10.10.11.11.11.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.
|2017-08-02:||Android application VLC for Android achieved 100,000,000 installs.|
|2016-07-16:||Android application VLC for Android achieved 50,000,000 installs.|
|2015-08-04:||Android application VLC for Android achieved 10,000,000 installs.|
|2015-06-02:||Android application VLC for Android achieved 5,000,000 installs.|
|2015-04-08:||Android application VLC for Android achieved 1,000,000 installs.|
|2015-03-29:||Android application VLC for Android achieved 500,000 installs.|
|2015-03-20:||Android application VLC for Android achieved 100,000 installs.|
|2015-03-03:||Android application VLC for Android achieved 10,000 installs.|
Total number of active users rated for VLC for Android.
Estimation of total number of installs on Google Play. Approximated from number of ratings and install bounds achieved on Google Play.
Average rating value on Google Play. Given by active users of the application.
Ratings count comparing to the market leading app.
Rating distribution given by active users.
VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs access to those categories:
• "Photos/Media/Files" to read your all media files :)
• "Storage" to read your all media files on SD cards :)
• "Other" to check network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, run on Android TV and display the popup view, see below for details.
Permission Details :
• It needs "read the contents of your USB storage", in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage", in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
• It needs "full network access", to open network and internet streams.
• It needs "prevent phone from sleeping" in order to prevent... your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs "change your audio settings", in order to change audio volume.
• It needs "modify system settings", in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs "view network connections" in order to monitor whether device is connected or not, to hide the streaming parts.
• It needs "draw over other apps" to start the popup menu.
• It needs "control vibration" to give feedback on the controls.
• It needs "run at startup" to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used with Android TV version.