Android application WhatsApp Messenger developed by WhatsApp Inc. is listed under category Communication. According to Google Play WhatsApp Messenger achieved more than 1,000,000,000 installs. WhatsApp Messenger currently has 49,740,195 ratings with average rating value of 4.424. The current percentage of ratings achieved in last 30 days is 2.12%, percentage of ratings achieved in last 60 days is 5.01%. WhatsApp Messenger has the current market possition #2 by number of ratings. A sample of the market history data for WhatsApp Messenger can be found below.
|Growth (30 days):||2.12%|
|Growth (60 days):||5.01%|
|Installs (achieved):||1,000,000,000+||Installs (estimated):||2,152,571,031|
|5 star ratings:||34,922,277|
|4 star ratings:||7,630,054|
|3 star ratings:||3,185,756|
|2 star ratings:||1,354,379|
|1 star ratings:||2,647,729|
Rank in category Communication:184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for Android and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
|2015-03-12:||Android application WhatsApp Messenger achieved 1,000,000,000 installs.|
|2014-03-30:||Android application WhatsApp Messenger achieved 500,000,000 installs.|
|2012-11-04:||Android application WhatsApp Messenger achieved 100,000,000 installs.|
|2012-05-16:||Android application WhatsApp Messenger achieved 50,000,000 installs.|
|2011-11-30:||Android application WhatsApp Messenger achieved 10,000,000 installs.|
Total number of active users rated for WhatsApp Messenger.
Estimation of total number of installs on Google Play. Approximated from number of ratings and install bounds achieved on Google Play.
Average rating value on Google Play. Given by active users of the application.
Ratings count comparing to the market leading app.
Rating distribution given by active users.