Android application Samsung Smart Switch Mobile developed by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is listed under category Tools. According to Google Play Samsung Smart Switch Mobile achieved more than 50,000,000 installs. Samsung Smart Switch Mobile currently has 141,187 ratings with average rating value of 4.319. The current percentage of ratings achieved in last 30 days is 0.78%, percentage of ratings achieved in last 60 days is 1.84%. Samsung Smart Switch Mobile has the current market position #3600 by number of ratings. A sample of the market history data for Samsung Smart Switch Mobile can be found below. Last update on 2018-04-15.
|Title:||Samsung Smart Switch Mobile|
|Developer:||Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.|
|Growth (30 days):||0.78%|
|Growth (60 days):||1.84%|
|Installs (achieved):||50,000,000+||Installs (estimated):||59,810,807|
|5 star ratings:||96,546|
|4 star ratings:||20,348|
|3 star ratings:||8,424|
|2 star ratings:||4,561|
|1 star ratings:||11,308|
Rank in category Tools:22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.10.10.12.14.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.95.97.
- Galaxy S7/S8/Note8/S9 owners: Tap [Settings] > [Cloud and accounts] > [Smart Switch] to open Smart Switch Mobile.
* Smart Switch Mobile is already preloaded on Galaxy S7/S8/Note8/S9 device.
▣ Smart Switch gives you the freedom to move your contacts, music, photos, calendar, text messages, device settings and more to your new Galaxy device. Plus, Smart Switch™ helps you find your favorite apps or suggest similar ones on Google Play™.
▣ Who can transfer?
• Android™ owners
- Wireless transfer: Android 4.0 or higher
- Wireless transfers from a compatible Android device to Galaxy device: Android 4.0 or higher (Galaxy device must support a ‘Mobile AP’ function to allow content to be transferred.)
- Wired transfer: Android 4.3 or higher, charger cable, and a USB connector
• iOS™ owners - use the option that’s best for you:
- Wired transfer from your iOS device to your Galaxy: iOS 5.0 or above, iOS device cable (lightning or 30 pin), and a USB connector
- Import from iCloud™: iOS 4.2.1 or higher and Apple ID
- PC/Mac transfer using iTunes™: Smart Switch PC/Mac software – Get started http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
• BlackBerry™ owners
- Wireless transfers: BlackBerry OS 7 or 10 (Mobile AP)
- Wired transfer from your BlackBerry device to your Galaxy: BlackBerry OS 7 or 10 for transfers via USB connector
• Windows™ Mobile owners
- Wireless transfers: Windows OS 8.1 or 10
* Note: For more information and step-by-step directions, go to http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
▣ What can be transferred?
- Contacts, calendar(Device content only), messages, photos, music (DRM free content only, Not supported for iCloud), videos (DRM free content only), call logs, memos, alarms, Wi-Fi, wallpapers, documents, app data (Galaxy devices only), home layouts (Galaxy devices only)
- You can send app data and home layouts by upgrading your Galaxy device to M OS (Galaxy S6 or higher).
* Note: Smart Switch scans and transfers content stored on the device and from the SD card (if used).
▣ Which devices are supported?
• Galaxy: Recent Galaxy mobile devices and tablets (From Galaxy S2)
* Note: For Galaxy S2, old OS (GB/ICS) version can cause incompatibility. If your S2 does not work properly, please try after firmware update.
• Other Android devices:
- HTC, LG, Sony, Huawei, Lenovo, Motorola, PANTECH, Panasonic, Kyocera, NEC, SHARP, Fujitsu, Xiaomi, Vivo, OPPO, Coolpad(DazenF2), RIM(Priv), YotaPhone, ZTE(Nubia Z9), Gionee, LAVA, MyPhone(My28s), Cherry Mobile, Google(Pixel/Pixel2)
* Note: For reasons such as compatibility between devices, it may not be possible to install and use Smart Switch on certain devices.
1. To transfer data, both devices must have a minimum of 500 MB free space in their internal memory.
2. If you are using a wired connection, your device must support a 'Transferring media files (MTP)' USB option to allow content to be transferred.
3. If you have a non-Samsung device that constantly disconnects from the wireless network, go to Advanced Wi-Fi on your device, turn off the “Wi-Fi initialize” and “Disconnect low Wi-Fi signal” options, and try again.
(The options described above may not be available, depending on your device manufacturer and OS version.)
※ Application permissions
The following permissions are required for the app service.
[ Required permissions ]
. Telephone: Used to transfer call log data
. Contacts: Used to transfer contacts data
. Calendar: Used to transfer calendar data
. SMS: Used to transfer SMS data
. Storage: Used to save the files necessary for data transfer
. Microphone: Used for high-frequency audio when searching for Galaxy devices.
If your system software version is lower than Android 6.0, please update the software to configure App permissions.
Previously allowed permissions can be reset on Apps menu in device settings after software update.
|2017-04-01:||Android application Samsung Smart Switch Mobile achieved 50,000,000 installs.|
|2015-06-02:||Android application Samsung Smart Switch Mobile achieved 10,000,000 installs.|
|2014-12-02:||Android application Samsung Smart Switch Mobile achieved 5,000,000 installs.|
|2014-04-08:||Android application Samsung Smart Switch Mobile achieved 1,000,000 installs.|
|2013-12-30:||Android application Samsung Smart Switch Mobile achieved 500,000 installs.|
|2013-07-29:||Android application Samsung Smart Switch Mobile achieved 100,000 installs.|
|2013-06-20:||Android application Samsung Smart Switch Mobile achieved 50,000 installs.|
|2013-05-15:||Android application Samsung Smart Switch Mobile achieved 10,000 installs.|
Total number of active users rated for Samsung Smart Switch Mobile.
Estimation of total number of installs on Google Play. Approximated from number of ratings and install bounds achieved on Google Play.
Average rating value on Google Play. Given by active users of the application.
Ratings count comparing to the market leading app.
Rating distribution given by active users.